SPAYING AND NEUTERING
Riverside recommends spaying or neutering your pet at 6 months of age unless you specifically wish to use it for breeding. Pets that are preventatively spayed or neutered are generally much healthier and have even been proven to live longer!
Other benefits of spaying/neutering your pets include:
- No heat cycles for females
- Decreased aggression in males
- Reduced risk of mammary gland tumors, ovarian and/or uterine cancer for females
- Reduced risk of prostate disease and eliminated risk of testicular cancer for males
- No unwanted puppies or kittens and helping to decrease pet overpopulation
PREVENTATIVE CARE EXAMS
We strive to prevent illness whenever possible. The time and effort invested in wellness programs has rewards for both pets and owners. Our wellness programs are designed specifically for your pet and include:
- Comprehensive physical exam
- Internal parasite testing
- Heartworm and Tick-borne Disease Testing
- Heartworm and flea/tick control
- Vaccination programs appropriate for your pet
- Spay or neuter
- Dental exam and Prophy
- Blood tests for all life stages
These services are customized for your pet’s age and needs.
Microchips have helped reunite thousands of pets with their families. We offer the most widely used microchip products to increase the chances of a safe recovery.
SENIOR WELLNESS CARE
Age is not a disease, but it tends to bring more diseases and more rapidly developing problems than we see in younger pets. We recommend Senior Wellness Exams in pets over 7 years old be performed every 6 months to more closely monitor changes in health and catch problems early.
Contact Us Today
To learn more about our preventative care services for pets, or to schedule an appointment, contact us at 252-442-3636.