Riverside has an active volunteer program sponsoring volunteers starting at the age of 14 and up. We encourage anyone interested in learning more about a veterinary practice to apply to become a volunteer.
To be accepted into the volunteer program at Riverside, please do the following:
1) Fill out a volunteer application and have your parent sign it if you are under the age of 18.
2) Drop off your application at the hospital.
3) The practice manager will review your application and call you to set-up an orientation appointment. The orientation appointment should include your parent if you are under the age of 18. This orientation takes between 45 – 60 minutes. Be prepared with your schedule (including Saturdays) to know when you will be available to volunteer.
4) All volunteers will be scheduled a volunteer shift to evaluate maturity to become a regular volunteer. After that assessment, a determination will be made for volunteer status. Status is subject to change.
5) Volunteer shifts last no longer than 4 hours on any day. Volunteers that are accepted in our program may volunteer anytime they would like as long as we have no more than 3 volunteers on one shift at one time.
6) Volunteers that are unable to make a scheduled shift are required to call the assigned Technical Team Leader or Practice Manager as soon as they know they will be absent.
7) All volunteers must follow the code of conduct and dress code signed on their volunteer application.
If you have more questions about becoming a volunteer, please contact our Practice Manager at (252) 442-3636.